Springboard Centre has an opening for one (1)
Community Disability Services Worker (CDSW)
This is a permanent fulltime position starting as soon as possible.
Wage and Hours of Work
The starting wage range is $15.57-$16.81 per hour based upon the applicant's education and experience with people with disabilities. Staff work from 7:45 am to 3:45 pm, Mondays thru Thursdays and 7:45 – 3:30 pm on Fridays. The hours are based upon a 37.25 hour work week, as the lunch break is unpaid.
Springboard Centre offers a variety of benefits and perks to its employees.
1. Three weeks of vacation each year for the first three years of employment. Vacation time increase an additional week at the 4 and 7 year mark.
2. An excellent Health Care Plan that is 75% paid by the agency.
3. 12 days of sick time plus an additional two days for care of family that have become ill.
4. Draws for Monday Late Start.
5. 1.5 hours off on the employee's birthday.
6. Paid time for approved workshops.
The successful candidate should have completed his/her high school diploma. Preference will be given to the candidate that has a certificate or diploma in Disability Studies or a related field. Preference will also be given to individuals who have experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Employees are not required to use their own vehicles however they must be able to obtain a Class 4 driver's license which allows them to operate an agency owned vehicle.
Springboard Centre caters to individuals with a wide array of behavioral concerns, ranging from mild to severe. The successful candidate must be willing to work with these individuals with the provided training.
How to Apply:
By Mail: Attn: Romeo Concepcion
Springboard Centre for Adults with Disabilities
#14, 2115—27th Ave NE
Calgary, AB T2E 7E4
By Fax: (403) 235-3872
By Email: email@example.com